Friday, July 11, 2008

Davis High Class of '98 Now!


Ryan & Beth (Humphreys) Thomas
How to make the last 10 years sound interesting??? Considering it’s gone by in a flash it’s really hard to break it down to one paragraph and still retain all the juicy details. Ok maybe I am just delaying the simple story that is our post high school life so here goes…

Ryan and I started dating the summer after high school when he came to visit me in San Diego where I was completing an internship in Marine Biology. I had a great time but quickly decided the life of a scientist was not for me, perhaps a fun hobby but not a career. We both went to Weber that fall getting all those nasty general courses out of the way and Ryan left the following spring for an abbreviated, only in time not in excitement, mission to Zimbabwe. We were married in December of 1999 and of course life’s been nothing but a party since! That is if a good party includes hours of studying, high student expenses and tuition, working nights and weekends and finally seeing each other about 5 years into it when school is done and that “grown up” regimen kicks in. In all seriousness we have been very lucky and had a great college experience. I worked at Delta so we were able to travel the world on a limited budget, typically returning with only what little change we had in our pockets. Where would the fun be if we weren’t really pushing it anyway!? After getting his BS in Poli Sci & Middle Eastern Studies at the University of Utah Ryan started working at HP where he now manages a sales team, although he is not nearly nerdy enough to have a profession in IT. I, on the other hand, graduated from WSU in nerdy (IS&T/Software Development) and have been working in software applications for the last five years. Fortunately I am now in a position working with Oracle products for a California based company that lets me work from home. This couldn’t be better timing as we are expecting our first little guy August 11th – I am really trying to see exactly how huge I can be to see you all at the reunion! We have two adorable pups, Capri a miniature schnauzer & Sasha a lab/akita mix. We bought our house back in good ol’ Kaysville about 1.5 years ago and are happy to be back in the land of Davis Darts and Kaysville pride.
Kudos to the class officers and committee for doing such an excellent job with the site, scheduling and reunion. I know you have spent tireless hours in preparation and they are truly appreciated!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Beth, you forgot to mention our love affair.

Beth said...

Well I was going to do a second post just about us! ;)

Celeste said...

OMG...I was totally left out??

Annie said...

Wow. I didn't expect to read comments about secret, girly love affairs. lol Beth-I'm sad you didn't post a prego pic. I can't wait to see your little man. =)