Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Davis High Class of '98 Now!



Krista (Jorgensen) Connell

Hey everyone! It has been fun to see what’s going on with all y’all. After high school I attended BYU to pursue a degree in Communications – Public Relations. While there I took a few breaks to study abroad in Jerusalem (with a few other Davis High ’98 alumni) and to serve a mission in Houston, TX – Spanish speaking. When I returned, I graduated with my degree in August ’03, and got married to Steve Connell in September ‘03. Steve is from Yakima, WA and we met during our last semesters at BYU. We lived in Park City for a few months after we got married and then moved to Alpine, UT – the halfway point between my job and Steve’s job. I worked for more than two years downtown at Zions Bank on its marketing/PR team. I managed a radio program the bank sponsored for all its clients, wrote for magazines, newsletters, etc., and produced different videos to highlight the bank. Those were good times. About three months after we got married, Steve decided to change careers and go to dental school. He got accepted to the University of Washington School of Dentistry, and now we live in the Emerald City – Seattle, WA. We love it here – especially the summers! Every time we fly back to Utah, we remark on how brown it is there! I guess we pay for green Seattle with the several days of rain we have to endure.

Now onto the most important update: our family. We have had two children, but only one is with us currently. Ethan was born in February 2006, and our precious Oliver was born in January 2008. We absolutely adore Ethan – “the prince,” and we dearly miss Oliver. Ethan currently loves trucks, cars, puzzles, the alphabet, Frisbees, and swimming. Steve and I love to ski, play tennis and other sports, and travel to wherever the wind will take us – close or far! I teach violin out of my home and stay quite busy with Ethan and other projects. Steve just started his fourth year and will graduate next June. Hallelujah! We’re pretty sure that he won’t specialize, and we’re not sure where we will live or work yet. I wish we could come to the reunion, but we won’t be in town during that time. I look forward to seeing more updates, and Happy 4th of July!

4 comments:

Maria said...

Krista,

Your family is so cute! It is good to see you guys. Hope all is well!
love,
Maria

Derek and Tara Larsen said...

Krista, I am so sorry to hear about your loss, I cried when I read about your Oliver.I pray you will have all the comfort your heart desires! You have a beautiful family! When you were in Jerusalem was a Brother Steve Halversen there? My husband teaches with him, and I believe thats about the time he was there. Hope you are well!
Tara Mayhue Larsen

Dad said...

Well, well. If it isn't Krista Jorgensen.

You seem to be doing quite well and that is great. My family is doing great. We would love to hear from you and we can respond with all the updates in the world. I would love to hear how your extended family is doing.

brianduryea@gmail.com

Brian, Maegan, Lincoln, Truman, Jefferson and McKinley

Rachel said...

Krista,

I was roommates with Steve at BYU. I have been thinking about him and did a random google search and found this page. I would love to get back in contact with him. My email is ltom_pierce@yahoo.com. Hopefully we can connect shortly!!!

Tom and Rachel Pierce