Friday, July 11, 2008

Davis High Class of '98 Now!



Rachel (Williams) VanDerMeide

I can't believe that a decade has gone by, and not once have I done the davis honk, or screamed 'Go Darts!'
My life in the last ten years, has been absolutely wonderful. During our Senior year I started dating a Viewmont Viking (I know I can't believe it either,) and in September 1998, Brent and I were married. We moved to Tooele for the first five years where we had our first 3 boys, and then we migrated back to Davis County where we purchased our beautiful home in Syracuse, and welcomed another son and finally a daughter to our mix. Yes, that means we have five children, Parker (9), Corbin (7), Noah (5 1/2), Bridger (3), and Annaka (9 months). Brent is a Computer Scientist at Hill AFB, where he works with classified air navigation systems. I worked for The University of Utah hospital in the emergency room for a year and then when our first son was born, I quit to be a full time mommy. Which I love more than anything in the world. Two years ago I went to a friends Mary Kay party and became a Mary Kay consultant making good money and have many great friends. I have a great life and spend much of my spare time camping in Bear Lake eating Raspberry shakes, and hiking in Moab in the spring and fall. My husband and I love to see plays on the stage and we take many trips to L.A. to see our favorite play 'Wicked' ( It's kind of a spin off of the Wizard of Oz.) I love to scrapbook, sew, do crafts and decorate wedding cakes here and there. With five kids and a very busy husband my life is moving too fast and I have to sometimes stop and take time to appreciate the many blessings I have been given. I am looking forward to seeing all my fellow Darts soon!

No comments: