Monday, July 14, 2008

Davis High Class of '98 Now!


Abbet (Talbot) Strong
Was 1998 really 10 years ago? It seems like it was only yesterday. Well, let me give you a quick run down of our little family. After dear old Davis High I headed off to the University of Utah. I intended to date as many cute boys as possible, but met my sweet husband Ben Strong (a Brighton Bengal of ’95) in a philosophy class my first semester at the U and his first semester after his mission to Salvador, Brazil, and well that was that. After nearly two years of dating we were married in May 2000 in the Bountiful Temple. Then we both worked and studied and played at the U. In 2002 I graduated with my BA in Accounting and he completed his Civil Engineering degree. I then went on to be the accountant for the Health Promotion and Education Department at the University of Utah where I managed their grants as well as taking charge of their entire financial system while Ben pursued his MBA.

In 2003 we built our first home in Woods Cross, UT and the following year Ben graduated with his MBA and we had our first son, Brayden who is now 3 ½. After nearly a year of trying to persuade my boss that I truly would not be returning to work I was able to become a full-time mommy! In April of 2007 we had our second little boy Baylor who is now 15 months old, and busier than his big brother. And, just this March we got a BIG surprise and found out we are expecting yet another little boy this October. (Only two more boys and we’ll have a basketball team!)
While we haven’t lived anywhere overly exciting, or traveled nearly as much as we would like to, we have had lots of fun hiking, camping, fishing, and exploring the beautiful mountains and scenery of Utah; along with cheering on the Utes and the Jazz. Ben has since obtained his Professional Engineering License through California (making it possible for him to license in any state) and become a group leader at WesTech Engineering, and we enjoy traveling with him occasionally.

We are really looking forward to seeing everyone in July!

No comments: