Friday, May 16, 2008

Davis High Class of '98 Now!



Jared Crookston
After graduation, the first thing I did was serve a mission in the Dominican Republic. After spending a couple of great years there, I enrolled at Utah State University in the Computer Engineering department. A few months later, while home for the summer break, I met this really cute girl named Aubrey at an institute class. After dating for a little while, we decided to get married, and after what seemed like the longest fall semester ever we were married the day after my last final test in 2001. Our oldest, Noah, was born in 2003, and I finished up with my degree a year later. After that, I got a job in Boulder Colorado, where our little girl, Tess, was born. We only stayed in Colorado for a year, after which we picked up our family and moved to Texas. We moved to a little town named Royse City, which is about 45 minutes east of Dallas, and bought a house. It's only 20 minutes from my work as a software engineer at a local defense contractor, way shorter than the commute into Boulder. A year and a half after settling in, our 3rd, Tate, was born.

Nowadays, we all keep pretty busy. I'm either at work, playing with the kids, or being cubmaster, while Aubrey's usually busy chasing 3 kids and being generally amazing. Noah is almost 5, and will be entering kindergarten this next year, which is absolutely nuts. Tess is 3, and is just the cutest little girl. When she's not pretending to play "Mommy," feeding and dressing and taking care of her dolls, she's chasing her brothers around. Tate is 1 year old, and is just starting to chat and play and run right behind the other two.

It's only been 10 years, but now we've got 3 kids, a minivan, and a mortgage payment, and it's really hard to believe how fast it all happened. We're very happy that we were able to align our annual trip to Utah with the reunion, and we're looking forward to seeing all of you there. If you want to check up on us, we keep our website at jaredandaubrey.net updated frequently.

1 comment:

rylissite said...

Jared!!!!! My mom sent me your web address forever ago, and I lost it, now I get to see you and your lovely family! It sounds like you guys are living life and loving it! It's great to hear how life has been treating you! --Angie