Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Davis High Class of '98 Now!




Greg Nelson
What a fun group of people! It is great to hear about everyone. A brief
catch-up: After high school I went to BYU for a semester and then served a
mission in Manila, Philippines. After my mission I went back to BYU, where
I was set up on a blind date with my gorgeous wife, Katie. I took the Brett
Garner route and married an Alta Hawk (no worries, she can sing the DHS
fight song from memory now). One of my close friends from BYU ended up
marrying Katie's twin (not identical), and then we set Katie's brother up
with another one of our close friends and they got married (2002 was a big
summer for Katie's parents). Needless to say we all have a ton of fun
together. Katie graduated from BYU in accounting and worked in accounting
and university recruiting for a few years while I got my act together and
graduated from BYU in Biochemistry. After I graduated we moved to Chicago,
where I attended law school at Nortwestern University. 3 weeks before we
moved to Chicago we had our son, Trevor. He will be 4 in July and is the
joy of our lives. We loved the Windy City and put about 70,000 miles on our
car roadtripping around the country during our 3 Chicago years. After law
school we were 99% positive that we would never go back to Utah. Nope,
Flower Mound, Texas (suburb of Dallas) was supposed to be our next home and
we were excited to live by 3 of our close friends from Chicago that were
also moving to Dallas. But at the last minute we decided to take a job
opportunity in Salt Lake City. Now we live in good ole' Kaysville. My wife
is still getting used to the Davis High idea, but I think she will
whole-heartedly convert before to long. Life is great! Looks like we also
need to work on our family pictures. Thanks to Natalie, Kara, Carrie and
whoever else is helping with the website and reunion.

2 comments:

Spencer said...

Hey Greg. Sounds like you and your family have been busy. Congradulations in graduating from law school. I have a cousin who lives in Chicago and her husband attended law school there. I don't know if it was Northwestern though. I enjoyed reading your blog. I hope to see you in July.

sarahbellac said...

Funny how the hometown just calls you back. We're out in Kansas City, MO and while we love it, the West is still calling our name. So great to hear what you're up to. Sounds like amazing stuff! Have a great summer and keep in touch. Your family is beautiful.
Sarah (Connors) Petersen