Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Davis High Class of '98 Now!



David Stringfellow
After graduating from Davis High I spent a year at BYU, where I was bedazzled by my now wife. Following 2 years in the Netherlands and Belgium on a mission that never fails to remunerate - I returned and quickly secured my future by marrying Angela Soren in May of 2002. We graduated in December 2002; she in Elementary Education at USU and I in Economics at BYU. A grueling job search during the jobless recovery following the last official recession sent our journey to Washington D.C. in May of 2003. While working on economic statistics at the Census Bureau, I came to appreciate the vast complexity of our world and how to grapple with massive amounts of data. Most importantly, in April 2004, we welcomed our daughter Abigail into our family. Serendipity led us back to Utah in September 2005 where we bought a house in Kaysville and I started working in the Governor's Office. Jonah was born January 2006 and Eli arrived in December 2007. As an Economist in the last few years I've had the pleasure of reviewing tax policy, forecasting revenue for Utah's budget, and building economic models culminating in the reform of Utah's individual income tax system. I'm also finishing a Master of Public Policy from the University of Utah and look forward to the reunion this summer.

1 comment:

Spencer said...

You have a great family there. I bet those kids of yours can be a hand full. I hope to see you in July.