Thursday, June 26, 2008

Davis High Class of '98 Now!



Angie (Nelson) Stokes
Wow, I can’t believe it’s been ten years already. Where does the time go? Looking back, it doesn’t seem like it was so long ago we were getting ready to graduate and head into the real world. Now we’re in the real world, sometimes wishing we could go back! Well, for me, life started almost right away. I met my husband-to-be during our senior year, though he graduated from Davis in ’93. About six months after graduation we were engaged, and in April of ’99 we got married. Two years later we were sealed in the Bountiful Temple. My husband decided to go back to school, so I got a cosmetology license from Fran Brown, and started working in her salon to put him through school. In 2003 we had our son Corben. My husband graduated a month or so later, and we discovered; surprise! We’re having another one! In August of ’03 he commissioned in the Air Force, and two weeks later we were on our way to Eielson Air Force Base Alaska. Almost one year to the day our son was born, we had our daughter Rylissa. We stayed in Alaska (up near Fairbanks, and the Arctic Circle) for three years. We enjoyed the 4 months of endless sunshine each summer, and bundled up in the 8 months of extremely cold and dark winter (-50 anyone?). In 2006 we packed our belongings and passports and moved to our next assignment, Kadena Air Force Base, in Okinawa Japan. We left the extreme cold, to the Japanese version of a tropical island! Shortly after coming here, we decided our family wasn’t big enough, and added our second daughter Tayzia. Tim is currently a Captain for the 67 maintenance wing, and supervises and manages 250 or so men in maintaining 27 F-15C/D Eagles. He is currently working on his master’s degree in International Relations in his hopes to continue to live outside of the US and work as a liaison between foreign countries and the US military.

I get to stay home with our kids, and expand on my many, many, interests. To keep my life interesting, I cut hair for friends out of my home, teach flute lessons, and make and sell girls hair bows. I’m also currently taking classes in the fabulous art of cake decorating. Sadly, I don’t think we’ll be making the journey home for the reunion, though I really wish I could. I would love to see everyone again and catch up. I love to read how everyone is doing, and I hope that I continue to receive news from our friends back home! If you’re ever interested we keep a family page at rylissite.blogspot.com and we’re always up for visitors!

4 comments:

happygilmore said...

Hi Angie,
Your family is so cute. It's amazing how fast they grow! How did you like Alaska? I told my husband that if he was stationed there he would be going by himself. But, we would love to go overseas. Take care!!!
-Rorie Pyper Gilmore

happygilmore said...

Oh! I forgot to tell you, if you have time we also have a blog. It's gilmorefam.blogspot.com
-Rorie Pyper Gilmore

rylissite said...

Hey Rorie! It's been a while since we saw you, I think the last time was a dining out and you were preggers! We LOVED Alaska, there's so much to see and do, and we didn't get as much done as we wish we had. We were up in the far North though, so it's very cold and dark. If you go to Elmo it's much more temperate, and still very beautiful. I'd go back in a heartbeat. You can't beat waking up to moose in your backyard! I can't wait to see your blog!
Ang

Adam and Christine said...

Angie,

It is great to hear from you. Good to hear what you are up to. I think that the last time I saw you, you were in beauty school expecting your second. Great to hear from you. Check out our blog at holts14.blogspot.com

Take Care,
Christine Broadbent Holt