Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Davis High Class of '98 Now!


Tara (Mayhue) Larsen
It is so crazy to me that it has been 10 years. It's so fun reading how some of you are doing now, but where are the rest of you? I'm so sad that I lost touch with almost everyone. As for me, after graduation I started attending Weber State. In the summer of 2000 I was set up on a blind Date with Derek Larsen, a Weber High Alum. He had just completed his LDS mission to Chicago (spanish speaking), and was preparing to return for his 2nd year at Ricks College. Our dating and engagement were long distance, he in Idaho, I in Utah. After we both completed our associates degrees in May 2001 we were married in the Bountiful temple. Derek received his Bachelors Degree from Weber State, and was hired by the the LDS Church as a Seminary Teacher in Dec of 2003. I love that my husband is a seminary teacher, it is a fun reminder of old High School days. We moved to the amazing community of Thatcher AZ, where Derek teaches at both Thatcher High, and Pima High Seminaries. Derek also just completed his Masters Degree, and I am blessed to stay at home with our kids. We have two sweet daughters. Holley was born in December of 2002, and will start kindergarten in the fall. Brinley came to our family in September of 2006 and is such a fun 20 month old. My family is my world, and I can't get enough of them. Check out my blog for pictures, and more of what I'm up to. http://derektaralarsen.blogspot.com/ See you in a month!

3 comments:

kitty said...

Tara,

The grass in your picture seems pretty green for Arizona..........is it turf? ha ha ha just kidding. My bro. in law is also a seminary teacher - what a great way to earn money eh? Weren't we in seminary together in High School? I'll have to swing by your blog It'll be fun to see what you are up to.

jocelyn

Derek and Tara Larsen said...

You are right Jocelyn the picture was not taken in AZ thats a Utah one! I've been meaning to post a hey to you on your post too! I think i'll put it there, so swing down and see it! :) Tara

kitty said...

Tara,

You remember a card I sent you almost ten years ago? Wow, you sure do know how to make me feel important. Thanks for always being a great friend. I often think back to High School ..... I almost can't even remember what I was like (except the nerdy part - I remember that really well) Anyway, I'm sure I wasn't the most attentive friend. That's why I am so happy to see great ladies like you posting on this web site. It's a good reminder of the great people I knew and associated with in school. I wish I could rewind and be a better friend to many. Thanks for your sweet comment.

joce