Thursday, June 12, 2008

Davis High Class of '98 Now!



Amy (Miller) Mahmood
10 years have went by way to fast and when I think of what that means in my life it amazes me. I finally have a few minutes to write this as I finish up my Saturday morning coffee before we start on our chores.

As I look back on the last 10 years I can remember illness, loss, divorce and sadness, but then I remember God is good and there was also love, laughter, friendship and happiness.

I married my husband Jeremy in July 2002 and, after 2 years of trying, he finally moved me out of Davis County and we made Herriman our home. We absolutely love raising our family, Devin (10) Cayden (6) Bryan (3) and Girl #1 due in June, and our two dogs, Toby (the Thousand Pound Beagle) and Chica (aka Vicious the Mutt) here and have no plans of leaving. In addition to helping raise our family I work at DeltaValve, an industrial valve manufacture in the Oil & Gas Industry, and my husband manages Eagle Finance and will be going back to school this fall. On the side we own a daycare in Riverton, which is our retirement plan.

Even though there are no LDS missions in our family, our life revolves around God and family. We are part of a church plant in Herriman and enjoy spending time fellowshipping with other members of our church and reaching out to the community.

4 comments:

Marge said...

Amy, thanks for including pics of your animal children. I love the thousand pound beagle. We just lost our golden retriever this year and it is fun to see other people enjoying their animals. You guys sound like life is busy, but usually we wouldn't have it any other way. Keep up the great work!

Davo said...

Great to hear what you are up to Amy. Your family looks great, hope you are coming to the reunion to catch up.

HollyC said...

Amy,
What a cute family you have. Glad to see that you are doing well. Congratulations on the upcoming baby girl. Maybe I'll bump into you at the reunion.

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Wow I am so glad that you posted about God being in your family and what an heartfelt thought that he is working in your lives. God is Good. I will be praying for your church's ongoing community.
Stacey Root