Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Davis High Class of '98 Now!




Sarah (Connors) Petersen
Life has been one great adventure after another (although I still haven't made it out of the country...)!
I spent 4 fun years at Southern Utah University, where I earned my degree in Fine Art. One random night I met my hubby, Dave. His talents, among others, including Western Yodeling and Breakdancing. We were married in 2000.
The next adventure began in 2002 when we moved to Salt Lake City to live in a tiny sky-rise apartment. I attended the University of Utah Medical School, along with such ridiculously smart people as Natalie's husband, Ben (trust me, if you live in New Mexico and get your arm chopped off, you'll want him as your ER doc). In the meantime, Dave (hubby) worked full-time and attended the U full-time, graduating with a BA in Spanish (Felicidades, Dave!).
Life got a whole lot more exciting when Timothy (aka 'Timo') was born in 2003. Since then, my motivation to perform at med school was seriously injured. It's just so much more fun to be a mom!
By some miracle (and that's not an exagerration) I graduated with my MD in 2006. Anna Bella was born during the summer of '06, then we moved to Kansas City, Missouri to start my residency in Pediatrics.
So, here we are, somewhere 'under' the rainbow. Kansas City is great! We enjoy running as a family with our red double jogging stroller, eating s'mores, ballroom dancing, and making ice cream. We almost got totalled by a tornado a month ago. But we're still standing and even enjoying the 'ride.'
Happy Reunion, everyone! Hope your lives are full of joy and peace.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Sarah,

You look so great and have a darling little family. What a accomplishment to get through Med school. It was good to get caught up with you.

-Jessica Helm Shipley

Natalie said...

Sarah-
You are so sweet to say such nice things! Nice to see you are doing well! Your kids are adorable.

Natalie