Friday, March 28, 2008

Davis High Class of '98 Now!


Allie (Vettori) Edwards
So much has happened since High School, I went to Weber State's Nursing program for my RN and graduated in 2001. Shortly after I served in the Hawaii Honolulu Mission from 2001-2003 (the greatest mission ever, as I'm sure most of you would agree). After getting home I attended the University of Utah to get my Bachelor's in Nursing. I haved loved Nursing because it fits so well with my personality (not because I'm nice, but because I like the variety). I've been also able to do lso many different things with nursing. I went to Guatemala to do health teaching to the Kekchi Indians, I've gone with Operation Smile to China, I worked with Utah's Medical Examiner, I worked in a Correctional Facility for troubled teens and now I work in the Emergency Dept at IMC (It's IHC's new monstrosity of a hospital). I've been in the ER for almost 4 years now and I love it (most of the time).

I married Reed Cameron Edwards, Taylorsville alumni (not all of us can marry within Davis), in Dec of 2004. Reed and I were set up by Scott Jones, also a Davis High alum. Reed and Scott served their mission together in Mexico City. Since then we've loved to travel all over. We've been to Italy, Switzerland, France, England, Mexico, Brazil, and Hawaii (several times). Reed works at Goldman Sachs doing account openings with private wealth management, supporting the New York offices. We've lived in Sandy, UT for the last 3 years. We just had our first child in Oct 2007, Jensen Reed Edwards. I know every parent says this, but he is the cutest thing ever. Being a mom is totally uncharted territory for me, but I'm loving every minute of it. He looks just like his dad, but he definitely got his stubborness from mom. I still work once or twice a week at the hospital, but I love staying home with my boy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Allie, it is so fun to see your spotlight! I would really love to catch up with you!!! I'm going to be in Utah next week (week of April 6th) then again in July for almost a month. I would love to meet little Jensen. Email me and we can see if we are able to catch each other: jfsebag@yahoo.com.
And, of course you need variety--that's the Allie Vettori way. You have done so much with nursing--that is amazing. I can't wait to hear about it. My mom would be interested in hearing your adventures in nursing, too. She always said you would be an awesome nurse.
~Jess

Allie said...

We actually live with my parents because online gambling eats up all of your money/loans in an effing hurry. I'm hiding from some Russian guys that loaned me 30K at 25%/mo. I'm trying to get to Wall St but I think I will end up begging for money there.