Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Davis High Class of 98 Now!




Dallin Hutchinson
Life since graduating from dear old Davis High School has been awesome! I served an LDS mission to Melbourne, Australia in 1999. When I got home I went to work for SkyWest Airlines, and just happened to work alongside a fellow DHS Alum Bobby Webb. It was a great experience for two years, being able to frivolously travel the world for free and go to places throughout Asia, the Pacific, the United States and Europe. My time at SkyWest came to an end though when I was accepted into Brigham Young University in 2003.

I earned my bachelors degree in Urban, Rural and Environmental Planning and International Development at BYU. During my time there, and within months after the Asian Tsunami disaster n 2004, I was recruited by an organization to develop a planning strategy for the Indonesian government for the rehabilitation and reconstruction of Aceh Province on the island of Sumatra in Indonesia. I was working on the Indonesia project until 2006, when the University of Tasmania accepted me into their Master of Environmental Planning program. I'll be done in June 2008.

In the meantime, I am still living on the awesome island of Tasmania (not Tanzania) where I am working as a Community Planner for the local government, and exploring one of the most rugged landscapes on earth. I will likely be staying until April of 2009 when I complete my employment contract and receive citizenship, making me a dual-citizen of both the United States and the Australian Commonwealth.

It is so awesome to hear about everybody else's life and what you've been up to over the last decade. I'm looking forward to catching up with all of you at the reunion

1 comment:

YeatesFam said...

Dallen, this is Kara Cullimore Yeates...that's where my hubby served his mission too! Crazy. He actually served for a time in Tasmania! He would love to talk to you and do the old "did you know" stories!